Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tackling those files and papers



Tackling papers at workplace is one of the biggest challenge of my life as a teacher. Things tend to get out of hand after a week or two. This is because I am not the textbook type of teacher. I use a lot of other stuff and handouts. I print worksheets and sometimes, I do not have time to file them up. So, I do what everyone else does, I stack them up. Last week, I spent the whole week purging all those unnecessary papers. After that, it was time to file the papers. But what about the incoming papers and stuff for the coming months? I decided to create my RAF rack. Read, Action and File rack. So, this is a temporary place for all the stuff that is coming in. Sort of an inbox thing. Things that I need to read will go into the Read section. Things that I need to act on will go into the Action section and things that need to be filed will go into the last column.




Then, this is the file where I put my daily to-do, notes for meetings and everything else..Basically, it is my admin file which I carry if there is a meeting, my catch-all notebook. The last section acts as my tickler file. I decided to use the folder type instead of putting 31 slots on my table with 12 months.



Then, I got an accordion file which opens up to 12 slots for each month. So, all the papers that I don't need to act on will go into this file. Each month, I will pull out all the things I need from that particular month, provided I remember to check on it.



This is the daily tickler file where I put 31 days. Each letter or task will be put into each slot so that I will not forget to act on it. For example, if there is a bill I need to pay by 15th, then, I will put it under 12th or any day before 15th. If there is a form I need to complete, I will put it into the appropriate date. Each morning, I will check on each day and the tasks I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment