Monday, September 6, 2010

Decluttering the messy table

I have a messy table and sometimes things get lost and I waste a lot of time trying to locate where I put a certain document. As you can see, I have made several attempts in trying to be organised. I even put up a noticeboard..but it was useless to me, very uninspiring. There are a lot of files containing current projects for the books that I am writing but the mess keeps getting bigger.









I took everything out from the table and started purging...there is still a pile left to be sorted. I am the type that like to be surrounded by all my stuff. I cannot work on a stark naked table. In fact, I am always inspired by colour and some sort of orderly mess. But things do get out of hand. So, this is my table after a week of slowly sorting, five to ten minutes daily. I got all my pens and colours into several plastic containers. I make sure all the things I am using daily are within my reach. The plastic desktop drawer is for my RAF files or the inbox. Then I created a file for all the documents I would like to keep for reference in alphabetical order. The other file is from January to December, my tickler file at home.Then, I got rid of the ugly noticeboard and came up with a new one in half an hour. I got the idea after surfing the internet. It is great for photos and anything you want to put up without destroying the paper. This board is fun and inspiring. In fact, I plan to do one for my earrings and other stuff too.







No comments:

Post a Comment